An LYFT Accident Lawyer can help you during accidents involving LYFT vehicles. Lyft is a ridesharing service that mainly operates within US states. Lyft does not own any vehicles. And the drivers are usually not considered employees which makes it difficult during the compensation process. The liability cannot be easily decided. This is why it is important to let an experienced Lyft accident attorney deal with it.
More people are using ridesharing services now than before. Which adds to the number of accidents as well. A 2019 paper titled, The Cost of Convenience: Ride-hailing and Traffic Fatalities stated that “The arrival of ride-hailing is associated with an increase of approximately 3% in the number of fatalities and fatal accidents, for both vehicle occupants and pedestrians.”
If you or your relatives have been in any such accidents then You will get compensation. Later in this article, we’ll see how a Lyft accident lawyer can help you in this process.
LYFT Accident Lawyer
Even if a law firm has a good track record, it’s not always guaranteed that the odds will be in your favor. But if the firm has handled difficult cases, or cases similar to yours then you can be assured.
Usually, car insurance can help you pay for the damage to your car and the other person or their vehicle. But if you think the same insurance will cover your ride-sharing vehicle then you are in the dark. Personal car insurance usually doesn’t provide compensation if the car is being used for business purposes. In these cases, your LYFT insurance will come into play. But it’s better to either add rideshare coverage to your car insurance or buy it separately.
Lyft and other ride-sharing services offer insurance depending on whether you are logged into the app or not. But if you need immediate support then you can directly call their help support number. Find the best LYFT Accident Attorney Near Me.
Lyft safety support
Lyft is available for your support 24/7. To contact the safety team, use ‘Contact Support‘.
- Emergency assistance during a ride – you can directly ask for assistance during the ride from the app itself. Passengers can tap on “Alert 911 silently” which is available in the app.
- In case of Collisions or accidents, you can directly call them. And also to investigate things further you can fill out the required forms.
Best LYFT Accident Attorney
To hire the best LYFT accident attorney, it is important to consider a few things –
- Does their firm constantly practice and handle such cases? Insurance companies are usually aware of and are in contact with law firms. They are aware of which insurance companies can go against them. And how far they can go to protect their client. That’s why it’s better to hire the best firm.
- It is better to hire an attorney who cares and understands your case on a personal level. Because if your case is not studied properly, it may be difficult for an attorney to get you the desired benefits. It is important for the attorney to know how much the accident has affected the person’s life.
- A big law firm has better resources and connections to gather further evidence and information needed for your case.
LYFT Car Accident Lawyer
The lawyer will talk to you, your doctors, nurses, and other witnesses during the accident to get a clear picture of your claim. Usually, there is a team that works on the case. They can collect all the evidence and information related to the accident.
After gathering information and other things they will file a lawsuit. Even if the accident was the fault of the driver, an attorney can form a claim.
Lyft insurance policy and settlement offers-
The insurance offered by Lyft depends on certain things that are listed below-
1. Offline – The accidents that happen when the app is offline are handled by your personal auto insurance. But in some extreme cases, the company provides third-party liability coverage-
- $50,000 in bodily injury coverage per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury coverage per accident
- $25,000 in property damage coverage per accident
2. Available – the app is on but the driver has not accepted the ride yet or waiting for a ride
Third-party liability if your personal auto insurance is not effective-
- $50,000 in bodily injury per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 in property damage per accident
3. En route – While the driver is going to pick up the passengers, and during the trips
- $1,000,000 third-party liability
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury and/or first-party injury insurance
- Contingent comprehensive collision
- Up to the actual cash value of the car with a $2,500 deductible
Type of injuries-
The accidents usually do not result in severe injuries but sometimes they do. It can affect or damage a person’s spinal cord, brain, and other internal organs or bones. Sadly, the accident not only results in physical but mental injuries as well. The trauma makes some people fear being inside cars. That’s why the type of compensation that you get includes pain and suffering. It calculates all of the non-economic damages.
There is a long history of Lyft and other ride-sharing services not treating people working for them as employees. And hopefully, things will get better in the future.
Steps to take after the accident-
- Call 911
- Stay calm and seek medical help
- If you can, document the accident scene
- Do not go for settlement or admit anything
- Call the police, they will help with the documentation and filing a report.
Ridesharing Big tech battle
There has been an ongoing Big tech battle between Lyft and drivers of other such ridesharing services. These companies do not treat their workers as employees in order to wash their hands off any liabilities during an accident. But California’s assembly bill (AB5) proposed that they should be seen as employees. And that these drivers should be getting proper worker’s compensation. But later Prop22 discredited this and it was again established that these drivers are independent contractors.
There have been many improvements in the case. But there are no ground results.
Being in an accident is neither good for you as a driver nor the passengers. It’s better to take precautions but during accidents, it’s best to stay calm and call 911. You can also directly report the Lyft support services. They can guide you through the process of how to proceed further.
After you are safe and settled, it’s best to contact a Lyft accident lawyer and start the process to get the right compensation. If you do have rideshare insurance then it will cover any damages to your car or other party’s vehicle. But not all the time an insurance company will provide you with the proper financial aid. In order to get desirable benefits, you should take the advice of a Lyft accident lawyer.
Hopefully, we have cleared some of your queries related to Lyft accident lawyers.
Do I Need A Lawyer For LYFT Accident?
If you or your relatives cannot handle the legal matters then you should hire a lawyer. The policies of these companies keep changing. The insurance companies are looking for profit themselves. That’s why they may not provide you the benefits that you deserve. But a lawyer is aware of the latest changes. And they can help you in the process.
Does Lyft require the settlement to be confidential?
Yes. Lyft does demand all their settlements be confidential. And if you do not sign the papers, they will turn their offer down.
Should I accept the settlement offer by Lyft?
Lyft settlements need not always be in your favor. It’s better to let an experienced Lyft accident attorney help you in the process. But usually, any attorney will advise you not to take the first settlement offered.