The incidents of slip and fall are pretty common. Therefore, you need to have the proper information about What Injuries Can You Get From a Fall? If you had a slip and fall accident.
Some of the common injuries are listed here, which is required to have the proper knowledge:
- Strains and sprains
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal injuries
- Broken and fractured bones
- Bruises and cuts
- Stretched and torn tendons and ligament s
- Injured tailbones
- Dislocated Shoulders
- Features at hips
- Back and neck injuries
- Thoracic injuries
These are some of the generalized injuries they also can face if they encounter skip and fall accidents.
Moreover, there are so many multiple accesses where the severity of the injuries may vary on various factors. These factors might include the adverseness of the surface on which the incident occurred. It might also be possible that the rest of the injuries’ adverse effects greatly depend upon age, health status, gender, and much more.
Apart from this, one should also have information regarding the facts directly associated with the slip and fall incidents.
Here are the facts associated with the sip and fall incident, which should be in the knowledge of the individuals.
One of the essential facts about the slip and fall incidents is that there are more than 3 million people in the US who suffer from slip and fall injuries as per the reports of the CDC(Center for Disease Control and Prevention). Also, there are so many injuries in lump sum amounts more than 20%, which do not result in severe injuries. Therefore, such individuals need to have proper competition for the same.
Factors of risk to such slip and fall cases
Here are some of the risk factors listed is associated do these kinds of slip and fall incidents
- Bodily weakness due to old age or any illness
- Had difficulty in mobility-related to age and the illness
- Old age
- Deficiency of vitamins, mainly vitamin D
- On medication due to dizziness, drowsiness, or confusion
- Challenges at visions
- Waring of inadequate footwear or pain in the foot region
- Fatal accidents during the trips at hazardous places
Tips to prevent such slip and fall injuries
As prevention is better than cure, that’s why it is essential to work to know how actually to prevent the injuries which might happen. These can lead to severe adverse illnesses or even permanent ones in some cases; therefore, individuals need to have the proper knowledge. Here are a few tips to keep in mind to prevent yourself from having such slip and fall incidents.
- Be attentive when you are walking
- Don’t jump the pathways where the prone accent marking is done.
- Don’t be in a rush while walking to your destination.
- Always make sure your routes are pretty well and cleaned.
- Donto fortifies your attention to your footwear.
These are a few tips that are very helpful for you to prevent these kinds of injuries while walking to your destination. These will adequately help you reach your destination safely and enjoy the things you should do.